Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha to my new Ohana
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

kamalani764
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  2:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit kamalani764's Homepage  Send kamalani764 an AOL message  Click to see kamalani764's MSN Messenger address
Aloha,
This is Kamalani from Massachusetts. My real name is Ashley, but I like going by Kamalani. No particular reason, I just like the name. I am not, in any way shape or form hawaiian, except in my heart. lol. I love all things hawaiian, from the music, to the language, to the culture and beyond. I've been there four times; my aunt lives on oahu. I hope to go back soon, but I'm really not sure when that'll be just yet.
Anyway, what else about myself... I'm almost sixteen. I play flute and piano, and sing a ton.. I love music of all types and I'm on the computer just about 24/7. I love languages; I'm taking spanish and am learning Hawaiian... forgive the horrendous spellings of the words lol. I read a lot, and am currently writing my own book which might be published... We'lll see.
So, if you want to know anything, leave a post here or send me a message on some messenger or other.
Lataz.

Kamalani

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  3:17:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Kamalani! Nani loa kou inoa Hawai'i. (Your Hawaiian name is very beautiful.) You'll love it here. Feel free to post any time.

Yeah guys, I'm the one who referred her to us. We're best friends.

He kehau ho'oma'ema'e ke aloha.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  4:27:29 PM  Show Profile
Welcome
Don't forget to spend some time on past posts - you can learn a huge amount in a short time

Edited by - RJS on 09/04/2008 5:49:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2008 :  7:03:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Welcome to the patch! What is your book about?

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

hawaiianmusiclover06
`Olu`olu

USA
562 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  08:47:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit hawaiianmusiclover06's Homepage  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 an AOL message  Click to see hawaiianmusiclover06's MSN Messenger address  Send hawaiianmusiclover06 a Yahoo! Message
Aloha e Kamalani! I like your Hawaiian name by the way. Good to have you here in the patch and keep on posting. I am also studying the Hawaiian language too. See ya!

Alana ;)

Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2008 :  10:14:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Oh yeah, Kama, I'd love to read your book. Even if it's not all pau, feel free to share an excerpt from it with all of us taropatchers! We'd love to see... or hear in my case.

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

kamalani764
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  02:46:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit kamalani764's Homepage  Send kamalani764 an AOL message  Click to see kamalani764's MSN Messenger address
To the person who said to look at previous posts so I will learn a lot: Thanks for the afvice. I'll do that. I learn pretty fast and always want to learn more, so that is a very good idea. To aall the Ohana wishing to know about the book I'm writing, I'll see if I can possibley put up the chapters two at a time or something. There's six right now, the whole document is about 28 pages I have a lot of editing to do not to mention how much more writing I have, but I'd certainly share what I've got. It's a fantacy; somewhate along the lines of Harry Potter but with a lot of interesting twists and things. I'm really just writing as the ideas come; I have no idea where the story's going to go at all. But I've found that's the best way to write.
I'm glad to hear fromyou all. I'm sure I will get to know everyone here very soon.

Kamalani
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2008 :  04:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by kamalani764

To the person who said to look at previous posts so I will learn a lot: Thanks for the afvice. I'll do that. I learn pretty fast and always want to learn more, so that is a very good idea. To aall the Ohana wishing to know about the book I'm writing, I'll see if I can possibley put up the chapters two at a time or something. There's six right now, the whole document is about 28 pages I have a lot of editing to do not to mention how much more writing I have, but I'd certainly share what I've got. It's a fantacy; somewhate along the lines of Harry Potter but with a lot of interesting twists and things. I'm really just writing as the ideas come; I have no idea where the story's going to go at all. But I've found that's the best way to write.
I'm glad to hear fromyou all. I'm sure I will get to know everyone here very soon.

Well, you already know me and know of Alana! Plenty of other nice folks here too. Look forward to reading more posts from you. Pomaika'i with your book!

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

808robertr
Akahai

72 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2008 :  12:07:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit 808robertr's Homepage
Aloha Kamalani,
Welcome to the ohana. Funny you mention Boston. My whole family are Red Sox fans. In fact, this past August my wife and son got a chance to catch a game at Fenway. Hopefully, I'll get a chance to visit soon. In fact we've been talking about making a Boston trip an annual kind of thing.

Any kind of help I can give you in terms of Hawaiian language, music or whatevers just let me know...
Go to Top of Page

kamalani764
Aloha

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2008 :  11:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit kamalani764's Homepage  Send kamalani764 an AOL message  Click to see kamalani764's MSN Messenger address
Wow that's really cool. Fenways's awesome. I've been there a few times. Actually, over the summer at camp we took a trip to fenway for a touer and I got to keep one of their official balls with the logo on it and stuff. that was soooo cool. Thanks for saying you'd help out with whatever I'm trying to learn as far as language and such. I'll keep that in mind. Also, for those interested, I'm going to post the book I was writing in... two minutes.

Kamalani
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  02:17:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Eh Kama,

I don't see it yet. Did you post it somewhere?

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  08:42:32 AM  Show Profile
quote:
My real name is Ashley, but I like going by Kamalani.
Aloha e Kamalani,

I also welcome you to "The Patch". Of course this method of inter-communication is not quite as glam as FaceBook or MySpace, but it gets the job done and is somewhat more egalitarian.

By the way, no doubt you already know about the song "Kamalani" that IZ did. If you don't then you should give it a listen as it is a particularly beautiful song.

A hui hou...

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2008 :  4:58:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

quote:
My real name is Ashley, but I like going by Kamalani.
Aloha e Kamalani,

I also welcome you to "The Patch". Of course this method of inter-communication is not quite as glam as FaceBook or MySpace, but it gets the job done and is somewhat more egalitarian.

By the way, no doubt you already know about the song "Kamalani" that IZ did. If you don't then you should give it a listen as it is a particularly beautiful song.

A hui hou...

Kama and I are both huge Iz fans, and that's one of our favorite songs. We don't know if we like Iz's or Leilani Rivera Bond's version better. Both are excellent in their own right.

Any body know whea da heck is dat puke? I like read...

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2008 :  7:29:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Question to Kamalani & Alika - is there a state or regional "reading" radio service for the blind in your areas of the country? Is it a service that folks of your age group have any interest in?

I ask because I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks, as a broadcast producer/technician for this state-wide service here in Washington. I'm curious as to what other states have as similar services.

Edited by - Retro on 09/26/2008 7:30:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  05:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Question to Kamalani & Alika - is there a state or regional "reading" radio service for the blind in your areas of the country? Is it a service that folks of your age group have any interest in?

I ask because I am starting a new job in a couple of weeks, as a broadcast producer/technician for this state-wide service here in Washington. I'm curious as to what other states have as similar services.

Hmm. Good question! I don't know of anything on radio except for NPR's "This I Believe" for all people, which I would like to submit an essay to. But what a great idea!

Kama?

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page

alika207
Ha`aha`a

USA
1260 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  3:58:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit alika207's Homepage  Send alika207 an AOL message  Click to see alika207's MSN Messenger address  Send alika207 a Yahoo! Message
Disregard the final post here. I just found out about Maine AIRS, a radio reading service for the blind that features some popular newspapers each week.

Do you know of any in Mass, Kama?

'Alika / Polinahe
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000