Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Introduce Yourself
 Aloha Folks!
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  12:39:33 PM  Show Profile
The best Buckeyes are the kind I make out of peanut butter and powdered sugar, then dip into melted chocolate almost to the top so they look jalike buckeyes. Can make them look like kukui nuts if you dip da whole thing in chocolate.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Oh yeah! If Mike stay come we go kani at folklife lidat.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by guitarded

quote:
Originally posted by up4surfing

I have a couple of friends from Columbus who just sent me an Ohio State shirt and a buckye! Da buggah look like kukui nut yeah???

Brah, you know your your smiley face look like you doing one numbah 2! heh,heh...
Brah, my numbah 2 no look like kukui nut. Da buggah look like...umm...nemine.

Okay.... I stay gross out now!! Ha, ha!!
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:54:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

Oh yeah! If Mike stay come we go kani at folklife lidat.

Braddah Al! Is Folklife a festival? I come back. I going surf da net and check 'em out.
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2009 :  10:57:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by wcerto

The best Buckeyes are the kind I make out of peanut butter and powdered sugar, then dip into melted chocolate almost to the top so they look jalike buckeyes. Can make them look like kukui nuts if you dip da whole thing in chocolate.

Aunty,

you mean I can eat dis ting?? fo' real or you taking advantage of the new Hawaiian coming to da Big, big island. I melting da chocolate for dip em in! You making me hungry aunty....

bye,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  06:39:24 AM  Show Profile
quote:
Is Folklife a festival?
Yooze gots to be kidding!

It is about the largest Folk Music Festival on the planet. Everything from Azerbaijan to Alaska, Kamchatka to Kansas, Tiera-del-Feugo to Tahiti, Zanzibar to Zurich, you get the point.

And they even have lotsa Hawaiian Music. I've only been there once, Uncle Al and the Seattle gang can fill you in lots more.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  06:52:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lawrence

quote:
Is Folklife a festival?
Yooze gots to be kidding!

It is about the largest Folk Music Festival on the planet. Everything from Azerbaijan to Alaska, Kamchatka to Kansas, Tiera-del-Feugo to Tahiti, Zanzibar to Zurich, you get the point.

And they even have lotsa Hawaiian Music. I've only been there once, Uncle Al and the Seattle gang can fill you in lots more.

Brah, I just it on the internet.. It's huge yeah?? I'll how the funds are around that time...if you know what I mean. Thanks brah Lawrence.
Go to Top of Page

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  06:59:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
Mike, welcome to da really big island, at least your in a reasonably warm area, it supposed to be Spring here in WA but it snowed the other night

Lee
Go to Top of Page

rendesvous1840
Ha`aha`a

USA
1055 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  11:51:10 AM  Show Profile
Mike said:
"Aunty,

you mean I can eat dis ting?? fo' real or you taking advantage of the new Hawaiian coming to da Big, big island. I melting da chocolate for dip em in! You making me hungry aunty...."
Mike, welcome to the 'Patch.
But if that's a REAL Buckeye, don't eat it, dipped in chocolate or not. Bad for the stomach, for humans and other similar folks. Might be OK if you're a squirrel or deer. The ones Wanda is refering to are candy, sort of homemade Reese Cups, but shaped like the nuts from the Buckeye tree. It's the Official State Tree of Ohio, but don't eat it. Actually, Wanda ain't made none of them Buckeyes for almost 30 years,'cause she got so sick of 'em one Christmas when she made about 10 pounds of candy. I don't think she ate none of'em- the smell made her sick. I think she swore off peanut butter that same day.
Paul

"A master banjo player isn't the person who can pick the most notes.It's the person who can touch the most hearts." Patrick Costello
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  1:27:45 PM  Show Profile
NW Folklife is like the biggest festival in the summer at Seattle Center. Music from many genre and street performers hula shows and blue grass and all kind folk music. We are fortunate to play at this thing representing Hawaiian music. It is a fun thing and we get to jam before and after the stage set. The festival is two or three days so it is quite the thing to attend.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

guitarded
Ha`aha`a

USA
1799 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  3:07:03 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

But if that's a REAL Buckeye, don't eat it, dipped in chocolate or not. Bad for the stomach, for humans and other similar folks. Might be OK if you're a squirrel or deer. The ones Wanda is refering to are candy, sort of homemade Reese Cups, but shaped like the nuts from the Buckeye tree. It's the Official State Tree of Ohio
I always thought Ohio Buckeye got its name from da eye of a deer buck, but now you're saying there's a type of tree called Buckeye, and you're also saying there's a peanut candy by that very same name. Can you hillbillies see how you're confusing da heck out of da rest of us? Just goes to show how moonshine causes drain bamage.
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  4:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by rendesvous1840

Mike said:
"Aunty,

you mean I can eat dis ting?? fo' real or you taking advantage of the new Hawaiian coming to da Big, big island. I melting da chocolate for dip em in! You making me hungry aunty...."
Mike, welcome to the 'Patch.
But if that's a REAL Buckeye, don't eat it, dipped in chocolate or not. Bad for the stomach, for humans and other similar folks. Might be OK if you're a squirrel or deer. The ones Wanda is refering to are candy, sort of homemade Reese Cups, but shaped like the nuts from the Buckeye tree. It's the Official State Tree of Ohio, but don't eat it. Actually, Wanda ain't made none of them Buckeyes for almost 30 years,'cause she got so sick of 'em one Christmas when she made about 10 pounds of candy. I don't think she ate none of'em- the smell made her sick. I think she swore off peanut butter that same day.
Paul

Roger that, uncle Paul! icksnay on the eatsnay! I no like soah stomach. Tell aunty if she ever gets the gumption to make em again, she may ship merchandise to: heh,heh!.... sorry no can give address on Taropatch, but you have my email. I go sen' you CD when pau! Say around 2025! Ho! taking long time. Love you guys..

Mike
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  4:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:

NW Folklife is like the biggest festival in the summer at Seattle Center. Music from many genre and street performers hula shows and blue grass and all kind folk music. We are fortunate to play at this thing representing Hawaiian music. It is a fun thing and we get to jam before and after the stage set. The festival is two or three days so it is quite the thing to attend.

thank you brah! I saw 'em on the internet. I hope I can make it this summer. Sounds like a lot of fun. I might be recording in Oregon around that time. Traffic must be the pits, yeah? Ass OK, still worth it! Take care brah...

Mike
Go to Top of Page

up4surfing
Aloha

37 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  4:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit up4surfing's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by kihoalukid

Mike, welcome to da really big island, at least your in a reasonably warm area, it supposed to be Spring here in WA but it snowed the other night

I love the snow...of course they say it's different when you LIVE in it. Sacramento was 30 degrees the last time I went. BRRR.. Thanks for the warm welcome..
Aloha,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  5:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
quote:

FOUR full days, all over the grounds. I've been to almost every festival since 1985 (14 years as a producer of radio broadcasts, two years away, and this will be my 9th year as a performer).

Momi & I had our first three dates at the 1995 Festival, so we consider that entire weekend to be our anniversary - and the world is invited to come and play. www.nwfolklife.org
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000