Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Da kine (food an li'dat) in Washington State
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  1:05:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
Aloha kakou,

In another thread, John (javeiro) and I were comparing local kine places here in da Puget Sound area. Thought I'd start a thread to list some places for anybody in da area jonesin' for some grinds...

• In Redmond there is (was?) a Hawaiian restaurant on Redmond Way, near about 169th. Take 520 to the 202 exit, hang a left, and go a mile or two. It's in a little shopping area on the right

• In Georgetown there is the Kauai Family Restaurant at 6324 6th Ave. South 206-762-3469 (I've got the menu on my cube wall). It's a little hole in the wall place in the middle of a heavy industrial area, but plenny ono. BTW - they're closed on Mondays.

• In North Seattle (Greenlake? Montlake? U. District?) is The Hawai`i General Store at 258 NE 45th Street. I've never been there, since I don't get to that area very often.

Anybody want to add some more?

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.

kihoalukid
Lokahi

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  1:51:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit kihoalukid's Homepage
have L & L hawaiian barbque at 196/highway 99 in lynnwood, and saimin says at 26124 pacific hy s in kent

Lee
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  5:43:47 PM  Show Profile
Ditto on the L&L in Lynnwood. The General Store has lots of shirts, dresses, leis, even cute little ukuleles with a Hawaiian fabric-like print on the soundboard, but I don't recall any food. It's in Wallingford, just a few blocks from I-5.

Pauline

Edited by - Pauline Leland on 06/25/2003 5:44:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

javeiro
Lokahi

USA
459 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2003 :  11:40:58 PM  Show Profile
I'd like to add Malia's Bakery in Issaquah (in the Gilman Village Shopping Center at 317 NW Gilman Blvd.) for Portuguese sweet bread, mango bread and sometimes malasadas. They had a malasadas sale last Saturday in the parking lot with Hawaiian music (though not slack key) and it was pretty busy. Lot's of Hawaii expatriots. They also have other pastries, breads, cookies and coffee.

Aloha,
John A.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  08:34:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Let's wake up this thread once again...

Bobby's Hawaiian Restaurant in Everett - ranks alongside Kaua`i Family Restaurant as the best in the area;
Clara's Food For The Soul in Seattle (Wallingford area)
Hawai`i BBQ in Seattle (on The Ave/University District)

I fear Malia's Bakery is no more - is that correct?
Go to Top of Page

Bruddah Chrispy
Lokahi

USA
164 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2005 :  11:52:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bruddah Chrispy's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Let's wake up this thread once again...

Bobby's Hawaiian Restaurant in Everett - ranks alongside Kaua`i Family Restaurant as the best in the area;
Clara's Food For The Soul in Seattle (Wallingford area)
Hawai`i BBQ in Seattle (on The Ave/University District)

I fear Malia's Bakery is no more - is that correct?

As long as we're updating this...

- Da Redmond place I mentioned originally is pau.
- Kauai Family Restaurant is still plenny ono! (And ya gotta like a place that recognizes your voice when you call in your order )
- Waimea Brewing Company in Kirkland is worth checking out (My review is here: http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2079&SearchTerms=Waimea Brewing)

Aloha a hui hou,
Chris P.

There's no regrets; only good times.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  5:31:18 PM  Show Profile
No fo'get KONA KITCHEN! Great breakfasts!!
5thNE and NE85th east of I-5 and south of Northgate. Uncle Danny guys will be jamming there on Friday the 25th. Plenty grinds and good beer on tap.
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2005 :  9:09:24 PM  Show Profile
Aloha, Retro

I was reading this thread about "Bobbys Hawaiian Resturant" Do you go there often? I think it maybe my classmates reaturant, we attended Lahainaluna, his name is Robert Nakihei, someone mentioned to me about a resturant in washington st. that is owned by someone from Maui, and if i'm not mistaken they mentioned roberts name.

If you go there or anyone that goes to bobbys resturant, could you find out if it is robert nakihei, and please tell him kevin brown said ...aloha! I hav'nt seen him since graduation in the 70's. Someone said it was robert nakihei, and i was shocked when i read this thread, about "Bobbys Hawaiian Resturant".
Mahalo Nui!
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  01:54:59 AM  Show Profile
Aloha, Meg

Mahalo for the info.... it is my friend and classmate robert. ( Bobbys Hawaiian Resturant.) Isn't it, a small world!

Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:10:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Bobby Nakihei it is - the restaurant has become one of THE places for locals to gather, eat, talk story, play music, talk story, eat, meet old friends, eat, catch up on Island stuffs, talk story, play more music, eat --- you get da pitchah.
His house band, Island Flavor, just put out their first CD a couple months ago. You can find out more about the band, the restaurant, Bobby & Diane, etc. at http://www.bobbyshawaiianstylerestaurant.com/
His e-mail is on the site, too - hope you reconnect! (And I hope your upcoming tour goes well next month, too.)
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage
Thanks, Kory - how could I forget Kona Kitchen? We have our newspaper meetings over breakfast there all the time.
Go to Top of Page

ohanabrown
Lokahi

281 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2005 :  12:44:38 PM  Show Profile
Mahalo, Retro

Wouldn't have known about bobby, if you didn't put it on taropatch.
As for the tour, all is well....looking forward to seeing friends, and sharing our music.
Me Ke Aloha
Kevin

Kevin K. Brown
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.11 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000