Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Mele Monday, wk of 6 Aug 2012
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  12:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha kakahiaka kakou! Hoo-boy! Do we have a list for you this week. Make it last. I won't be able to put up another list until September since I shall be otherwise occupied and not have regular access to the internet.

Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL77490C82BC183473

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  06:48:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, you found us (#60+61)! Thumbstruck, Slipry1 & Baritone are all up there - Noeau was unavailable this year, which is why I was playing uke & singing, rather than bass. The other lead singer? That's professional Hawaiian comic Kermet Apio, who is a much better musician than he is willing to admit; it's always a treat when we can make music together.
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  07:55:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
FYI. Da Oddah Guyze is a loose amalgamation of Hawiaan musicians from the Seattle area. Tico Ka'eo gave us our name (a funny story), and has been an Oddah Guy. thumbstruck (Kory Tideman), Mike Bristow and I (Jack Aldrich) started the group, and it expanded to include no'eau (Al Tringali), falsetto 2002 (Gary Madieros), retro (Greg Porter), Baritone (Herb Kai), Kermit Apio, Peter Tabali, Rod Higuchi, and several sit-ins over the years. The agreement is: whenever any 3 of us get together, we can use the name, and we have.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  11:53:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kermet is very humble and sometimes other than being an Oddah Guy, he is a Wise Guy. Some mean talent he has with kiho`alu.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  11:54:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
PS: Thanks to Momi for taking video.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,