Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Visits to Honolulu and NYC
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kihoaluatl
Akahai

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2016 :  12:48:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of trips coming up for the holidays, will be in Honolulu from NOV 17-22 visiting family for Thanksgiving. Then will be in NYC from DEC 12-15 for a holiday visit. I am certainly interested in any kanikapila or concerts going on during my visits.
tom

Fran Guidry
Ha`aha`a

USA
1573 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2016 :  06:22:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Fran Guidry's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Honey's at Ko`olau: http://www.honeysrestauranthawaii.com/entertainment/

Outrigger Reef Waikiki: http://www.outrigger.com/events/music/kani-ka-pila-grille

Fran

E ho`okani pila kakou ma Kaleponi
Slack Key Guitar in California - www.kaleponi.com
Slack Key on YouTube
Homebrewed Music Blog
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2016 :  08:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I second the Kani Ka Pila Grille. We went twice in our week on Oahu last April. First we saw Sean, then Uncle Cyril with Peter Moon, Jr. Well worth it!

I put up a thread here last March asking about music events and got some great responses. We even attended an actual kani behind the police station along Waikiki beach, across from the Grand Hyatt.
Go to Top of Page

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
502 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2016 :  08:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Here's the thread from April 2015..

http://www.taropatch.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11253
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2016 :  12:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's been a change in what's happening since last April. The Moana Terrace no longer has Hawaiian music! [sigh]. No more Keawe ohana p Thursday and no more Martin Pahinui, George Kuo and Aaron Mahi on Sunday.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

kihoaluatl
Akahai

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2016 :  08:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the suggestions, I will certainly check out the Kani Ka Pila Grille. Trying out an Airbnb apartment in Waikiki, close to the Outrigger. Mahalo
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2016 :  3:50:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom,

Hope to connect with you. We might be having our NYC community holiday party during your stay but the date will depend on the venue.

Andy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000