Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 Raymond Kane: Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2002 :  10:34:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2004 :  3:08:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
For those of you who may be inspired to go out and try to track down a used copy of this book, let me be the first to discourage you from doing so. Andy has put it nicely when he says "beginners might have a difficult time figuring out this tab." The book was written and tabbed by one of Uncle Ray's students, and it is written so sloppily (and, I've been told, inaccurately) that unless you've learned how to play the songs already and just need a reminder, the book probably isn't going to be of much use to you. You would be far better off buying the Kane's video, which can be ordered directly from them. Even thought the video isn't a teaching video per se and doesn't include tab, INMHO you'll learn more by watching Uncle Ray play than by trying to figure out the tab in this book.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 02/04/2004 3:10:00 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000