Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 The Christmas Ki Ho'alu Songbook
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2004 :  1:00:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the Taropatch Net Christmas Ki Ho'alu Songbook

We hope you enjoy playing and sharing these ki ho'alu tabs of Christmas songs, contributed by the taropatch.net members. Click on the links - some are pdf files for Adobe Acrobat, some may be in other formats. If there are accompanying mp3 or midi files for study purposes, they will immediately follow the corresponding tab. The midi files may not correctly deal with harmonics.
Please consider contributing an arrangement of your own. If you want to contribute an arrangement, send an email to the administrator Andy and he will give you information about the process. The only requirement is that the arrangement must be your own arrangement of a song in the public domain (so for instance, not "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire" since it's still under copyright). All of the well-known Christmas carols (from the usual hymnals) should be OK. Season's Greetings!

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi

Edited by - Leonard on 11/08/2005 10:18:38 AM

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2004 :  06:18:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leonard,

What a wonderful gift. Mahalo.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2004 :  2:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo!!!!
Just in time too.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2004 :  03:46:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Added RJS's Christmas Meditation along with mp3 to help guide you. Thanks Raymond.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Mark E
Lokahi

USA
186 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2004 :  5:35:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mark E's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In case anyone has been struggling with my version of O Holy Night and asking themselves: "Wha's up wid dis?", it needs a bit of changing. Namely, the first ending starts with measure 22 from the end and the second ending starts with the 12th measure from the end.

Steve is kindly working on this but I wanted to post this in the meantime in case anyone is getting frustrated.

Mele Kalikimaka,

Mark (E)
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2005 :  8:35:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo!!

Printing them out for next year!!

Aloha, Mike
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  10:52:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any updates for this year?

Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  11:02:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Andy,
Many of the songbook links are out of date. All the Rumery ones. I have some hard copy tabs from Ozzie Kotani that he snail mailed me late last year. I will have to ask his permission before I can scan and put the pdf files here.

Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2005 :  11:37:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Mika'ele,

Yes, it's getting to be that time isn't it? Leonard sent me the files 2 weeks ago so that I can update the links. Haven't found the time yet but I will do it very soon.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  06:10:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kakou,
I was trying to play SILENT NIGHT HTM tab, arr. Rapson and got to measure 22 that has 98490 My fingers don't seem to be able to do that...is this a misprint? Does anyone know what the correct chord is?
Mahalo, >^..^<

Edited by - Popoki on 11/05/2005 06:10:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2005 :  3:38:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo! What a blessing!

Frank

Frank
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  09:18:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is a misprint. If you assume the musical notation is correct, it should be a (G-TaroPatch) C Major chord-form at the ninth fret (X09089) [with an open third string]. This makes it a G Major chord (actually just the first and third degrees of the chord (G and B) (XGBGGB). the fourth fret, third string would give you another B note -- but is a bit of a stretch for my short fingers. It might sound fuller with the seventh fret, third string added to give the fifth degree of the G Major chord(a D note) --> (009789) (DGBDGB). You'd have to play it in context to see which "sounds" better. Playing all the strings might be a bit too much at that measure.

Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2005 :  09:49:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo Mika ele....I'll give it a try...my fingers are pretty short, too. Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Leonard
Lokahi

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2005 :  10:24:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Leonard's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have changed the initial post in this thread to direct new arrangements to Andy. I will monitor this thread nearly every day and do what I can to answer or facilitate. I encourage you all to start working on these carols now, so that you can be the life of the Christmas party. Thanks to Andy for finding the space for these tabs!

Be the change that you wish to see in the world. M. Gandhi
Go to Top of Page

Sarah
`Olu`olu

571 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2005 :  11:00:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e Popoki,

It's my guess, looking at the music, that at that point in the song you want a G chord, and 9879 (with a 7 instead of the 4) will give you that.

The notes written are all Bs and Ds. The 4 is a B, which is still within the G chord and so maybe it is intentional; but hard to finger. 7 is a D; so in essence you'd just be trading an unreachable B for an easy D.

See how it sounds!

aloha a hui hou!
Sarah
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2005 :  06:49:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for the tabs. I was just starting to work out some of my own.

Jeff

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000