Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Books
 Hawaiian Son
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

`Ilio Nui
`Olu`olu

USA
826 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  07:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this was mentioned in the Video forum, but the book listing needs to be here. I just finished "Hawaiian Son; The Life and Music of Eddie Kamae" by James D. Houston with Eddie Kamae. I couldn't put it down. It's a must read for all TaroPatchers.

You can support Eddie and his work by ordering direct at http://www.hawaiianlegacy.com/book.html

Me ke aloha,

Dave

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2005 :  10:23:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Definitely a must have -- I've given a bunch of copies to friends - we all agree. A real treat.
Go to Top of Page

Popoki
Akahai

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  06:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Kakou,
Mahalo Dave for the link. In looking around their site I saw the film page. Eddie & Mryna's films are a real treasure. Looks like they are trying to raise $$ to convert them to DVD - this would be wonderful. So please check it out and help if you can. http://www.hawaiianlegacy.com/contribution.html
Aloha, >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  07:34:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered the DVD and book two days ago and just yesterdayI got an e-mail directly from Myrna thanking me. I was stunned. I am thinking of writing her back and thanking her for everything *she* has done. But, it might sound sappy. What do you think?

... Reid
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2005 :  08:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Same thing happened to me, Reid - ordered the book, CD and DVD directly from the Hawaiian Legacy site, and sent a donation as well. Myrna sent me a very gracious email thanking me, and I considered writing back to gush, but I chickened out, which I usually do. Despite that, I think they might like to hear how much we treasure what they are doing, sappy or not. BTW, my copy of the book came with the title page signed by Eddie. The book is wonderful, and really, really makes me hope that they will be able to get the other films available on DVD.

Me ke aloha,

Debbie
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000