Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 Slack Key Instruction
 Videos
 Slack Key Tips On Line
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  08:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ray,
Looks good. Good tips. I have never thought about recording myself and then listening - what a novel concept. I might hear soething I don't like then have to change - grrrr....

One minor nit on the video. The left hand/right hand and fretboard were centered when you started the video (playing) but the rest of the explanation you are on the left side of the video. You should have someone shift the video over when you are talking to center your head in the screen.

I look forward to the next videos and appreciate the efforts you are going to. For me, memorizing tab only goes so far. How to get from what I play to what I hear on the accompanying CD track is the "great divide".

Now for some ho'oma'ama'a.

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2005 :  10:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Got to the site, but couldn't get the movie working
Maybe somethings not meant to be

(I regularly record myself to hear where I need work. I don't listen to it for about 2 days - which gives my ear time to get more "objective" -- I also use the metronone when I listen to it, to see how I'm doing on timing.)
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 08/02/2005 :  04:53:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ray,

We have had a lot of discussion on what right hand fingers people use and I notice on all your photos as well as the “Slack Key Tips” prelude video, that you seem to have your index finger curled up a use mostly your middle and ring finger for the melody strings. Is there a reason for this? By the way I enjoyed the prelude and am looking forward to your future lessons.

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  1:12:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ray,

Thanks for answering my question about your index finger. It makes sense now. Thanks also for the next two videos. You're going to make lots of beginners very happy. We will all be looking forward more great stuff.

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Pauline Leland
`Olu`olu

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2005 :  2:10:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ray,
Thanks for continuing the videos.
Pauline

Pauline
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2005 :  08:28:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like the videos too! Thanks.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  1:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've moved this post to the "Videos" forum.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sowders
Akahai

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:33:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Sowders's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's August 17th and I just put up 2 new videos, please pass the word to anyone interested.

Mahalo,

Ray
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  4:43:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The "Archive" has been added. See the first post of this thread.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  06:41:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Andy, there's no link for Video 1 in the archive.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  11:43:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

Andy, there's no link for Video 1 in the archive.

I didn't download Video 1 before it was removed. Does anyone out there have it? If so, any way you can get it to me?

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Puna
Lokahi

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  12:03:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha e, Andy

I'll email it to you.

Puna
Go to Top of Page

Bing
Lokahi

USA
100 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  1:24:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bing's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Since Ray’s video’s are in the “quick time” format, it’s easy to save each lesson to disk or to your desk top where you can put them into a file for future reference.

Bing

Bing
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2005 :  3:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Got it Puna. Mahalo.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sowders
Akahai

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2005 :  10:55:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ray Sowders's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aloha Folks,

Today is August 24th, and I just put 3 new videos on my site. Slack Key Tips # 7,8 & 9. This was lucky because videos 8 & 9 go together, they are both on "slides" it would have made the video difficult to download if I kept it all as 1 file. Anyway, please pass the word and keep in touch. Next week will wrap up this series of videos, with "vamps". This is a way to practice all the things on previous videos, incorporating as many differnt techniques as possible. Thanks to everybody who has supplied their comments and input. We will have to see what the responce is to determine where we go from here. Keep practicing!

Ray
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000