Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Where in the world are you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2005 :  4:01:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Aloha Taropatchers,

Here is a map of the world where we can locate members.

http://www.frappr.com/taropatchnetwork

Keep in mind that members' profiles at Taropatch.net are only visible by other registered members. The Frappr website is visible by anyone so you might want to only use your username, not your real name or other info that you don't want the world to see.

It's cool to see this mapped out.

Andy

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  09:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
John,

You're welcome anytime!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

HeartOTexas
Akahai

55 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:13:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow. Kewl! And all this time I thought Karl (Frozen North) was joking about living at the North Pole! There really is a place called North Pole, Alaska!

Frank
Deep in the Heart of Texas
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2005 :  11:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Ya, you betcha H.O.T. As the only vet in North Pole, who do you think takes care of the reindeer anyway?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  06:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks to those who have posted their location at Frappr! (friend mapper). It's really cool to see the map... and all your photos.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I am not always sure it is a good idea to let the unknown netizens know where you are (the NSA already surely knows), but I did it for Sarah and me. It might be OK, since it is just approximate. I would love to hear jwn's take on this. Duke, for instance, has his marker waaaay up the side of Haleakala in the boonies and Chunk and Mary's marker is some way from their home. I suppose folks could mess with the zipcode to make it even more approximate.

Reid (who knows that, just because you are paranoid doesn't mean that somebody isn't out to get you.)
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  1:20:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gottcha!!

Now that you have revealed your GPS co-ordinates, Someone can program a homemade craft (made out of a RC Airplane kit, some homemade C4, a Garmin GPS-trek, and some sour cream) to fly to your places!! (and splatter sour cream all over)

Heh... Heh...

(the text above guarantees that the 10 Crays listening in Ft. Collins CO will "hook" on this thread, so B.B. is obviously reading it at this point - watch what you say!).

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 01/18/2006 07:19:10 AM
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  2:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh, Dude..

In the late '50s, early '60s, every phone that my extended family had was tapped. We were absolutely unintersting, just as we are now. 3 years later, I had my security clearance pulled. I got it back some years later with an apology from the local Feeb SAC. Neighbors of mine were interrogated. Made me feel welcome.

In the late '60s, 50 pounds of TNT went off on the corner directly opposite my apartment. 200 feet away. I was not the target, I think, but I could have been collateral damage. So could people I cared about.

Weather Underground killed a guy who lived in Sarah's bachelorette apartment block while she was living there. Couple years later, several tons of interesting explosives were found about 3 doors down in a garage. Sarah moved.

In the early BITnet years (and some UseNet) there were agents provacateurs. One instantiation was an object name John DeArmond. JDA was impossibly active, appearing on *several* Newsgroups with detailed posts every day that no single person could have generated. One Group was rec.talk.guns, where he "stimulated" conversation. (not me, I was just surveilling the collection of groups). JDA, retired eventually from the Groups, from Oak Ridge TN., with obviously bogus ostensible reasons - he said that his supercharged lawnmower was taking up all his time and he had to retire to his TN cabin - lame.

A dear friend of mine, DIA mostly, DEA for one gig, and CIA toward the end, now dead (died on active duty) told me about his "Open Source" work. This site is an "Open Source" and *is* surveilled. Maybe not intensively, maybe when we talk about certain subjects, but, Lawrence, you just got yourself off a list - lucky guy. Or maybe on a list - unlucky choice of words, perhaps.

History.
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2005 :  4:07:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, if those 10 Crays in Ft. Collins weren't hooked yet, they sure are now!!

Mahope Kākou...
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  6:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa! What are those folks in he middle of he pacific ocean floating on? Karl, got igloo?

Mike

PS: Andy, go to Frapper and change my name to slackkeymike...Reid just freaked me out!! I did not understand the name thing....please!

Aloha, Mike

Edited by - slackkeymike on 01/03/2006 6:35:51 PM
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  7:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by slackkeymike

PS: Andy, go to Frapper and change my name to slackkeymike...Reid just freaked me out!! I did not understand the name thing....please!

Hi Mike,

Strange but Frappr does not let me edit the names, comments or photos. I guess it's early in its development so I can only delete. You'll need to re-post yourself using your slackkeymike name.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

slackkeymike
Lokahi

440 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  7:26:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did and done. Guess I have to agree with Reid on this one...at first I thought Reid was being a bit paranoid, but after I thought about it, I realized he was quite right. Instructions on use should be to use handle only and NO photo. Too many creeps out there...most deals like this are for data miners anyways...I don't mind my handle being out there...but thats all.

BTW, a related story. On another, unrelated forum, I innocently mentioned someones full name in a post. The person is a prolific poster. He runs his own company in Georgia. He was interviewing someone for a position at his company and asked that person if they knew much about the company. The person said yes, had entered his name on google and the very (unflattering post taken out of context) came up. Cost him a good employee. The post was innocent enough, but taken out of context, it got out of hand. and this is just a simple example of what data mining is doing.

Thanks Andy,

Mike

Aloha, Mike

Edited by - slackkeymike on 01/03/2006 7:30:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2006 :  08:32:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny...

...nobody hooked on the sour cream.

Curly accidentally added it to the formula of some rocket fuel that a mad (Werner Von Braun type) scientist was trying to make. It resulted in the most powerful rocket fuel ever! (in a silly little rocket) Three Stooges circa 1950.

Mahope Kākou...
Go to Top of Page

marzullo
`Olu`olu

USA
923 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2006 :  02:51:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit marzullo's Homepage  Send marzullo an AOL message  Reply with Quote
bing gets my vote for the most artistic photo...

looking at meg, though, i think of some advice kumu mark nelson gave me two camps ago: "jeez, keith, you don't weigh enough to play slack key".

aloha mai,
keith
Go to Top of Page

Peatzroy
Aloha

Australia
2 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  5:56:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I live in a place called Ulladulla on the east coast of Australia, about 2.5 hours south of Sydney. Hooray for me.
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2006 :  9:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Say, Peatzroy, if the place names in Stralya are anything like the words in hawaiian, then whatever an 'ulla' is, you must live in a really really ulla kinda place. So, what's it like souith of Sydney; I've only been north?

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000