Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 Where in the world are you?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2006 :  5:05:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Everyone!

Rather than going through a specific area of "Kiho'alu" intrest, I decided to drop-by here to say HELLO!!! I'm sorry I haven't visit here in a long while...But I'm back! I've had a computer meltdown recently, had it re-formated with added memory. "Andy, Sarah, Reid, Keith and the rest of my TaroPatch Ohana! How are you guys doing?" I do hope each and everyone of you are doing well...I really miss you guys! Take care!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2006 :  08:14:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha, Bill! Good to have you back. Maybe our paths will cross in Maui in a few weeks.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  04:05:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome back, Bill! Good to see your Smilies. Better to see your face, though :-) But, stick around, yeah?

Things are swell here and we hope they are with you too.

Aloha no,

Reid and Sarah
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  10:11:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha and Good Morning Greetings from Maui! It's great to back with all of you...(better in person tho, like Reid said). My latest kiho'alu challenge, is trying again (without help from Keola Beamer)trying to learn his F Wahine tuning...very sweet tuning if I could do it! Ha! ha! ha!
I first began learning the tuning from Keola's "The Art Of Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar". Hey! I actually was able to figure-out the tuning again! I'll keep everyone posted on my progress hee! hee! Take care al of you! A Hui Hou Malama Pono....

slackkey Bill (It's time to "KANIKAJAMMAPILA")
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  10:17:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh no! Did I forget a word?

RE-CAP: "Aloha and Good Morning Greetings from Maui! It's great to BE back with all of you"...

Okay! I'm good! Ha! ha! ha!

slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

slackkey
Lokahi

USA
280 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2006 :  7:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Gang! Just dropped-in to say HELLO!!!!! So...Reid, Sarah, Andy, Keith, Julie, Cathy and the rest of my TaroPatch Ohana. Did you guys go to this years "Kiho'alu Fest at the M.A.A.C.C. here on Maui? Anyway, I didn't make it...and I live here! Oh well!

BTW! "Keith! I left a message on your phone in Lahaina! I was sorta hoping you were on the Island for the "Slack Key Festival." Miss "kanikajammin" with you and everyone else"...

Take care all of you! A Hui Hou!

Slackkey Bill
Go to Top of Page

ilioiki
Aloha

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  2:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha Everyone,

Just dropping in to say Mahalo to everyone for the wealth of information in this site.

Just a beginner in trying to learn how to play Kiho'alu. No real formal music background (unless you count 7th grade band!). Until recently just played by ear. Did p/up some DVD's (Kahumoku's, Leds, Keawe) so I think I'm on the right track.

Anyway - thanks again and I'll 'read' ya'll later..
Go to Top of Page

Karl Monetti
`Olu`olu

USA
756 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  9:08:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Karl Monetti's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Welcome ilioiki. You sure picked a great forum to learn from. And, you live in the heart of the slack key culture. Many of us wish we wre that lucky. Have fun learning

Karl
Frozen North
Go to Top of Page

slkho
`Olu`olu

740 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2006 :  07:39:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the TP Ilioiki.
~slkho
Go to Top of Page

Ginny
Aloha

43 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  5:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am about 7 avenues from Central Park, 10 block from the metropolitan. I was able to walk to the Makaha sons at Hunter College on 68th and Madison. Hey Andy did they ever make that Broadway show? Which one? Cab it to broadway for Keali Recheil a few weeks ago.

I am in NYC of course on the upper east side if you knew the above references. 6000? miles from hawaii, 2 miles would be too far.
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2006 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mea ho omaka

Hey Andy did they ever make that Broadway show? Which one?
Yes, I think they made it. Can't remember which one though.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

UncleAri
Aloha

7 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2006 :  6:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in Seattle..

Aloha...A HuiHou!!
Go to Top of Page

Mika ele
Ha`aha`a

USA
1491 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2006 :  08:13:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uncle Ari,
There is a big group of slackers in your area. I met many of them when Led Ka'apana was in Tacoma last Jan/Feb and he conducted a slack key workshop at the Emerald Queen in Fife, WA. They played really well and we all had a great time with Led!

E nana, e ho'olohe. E pa'a ka waha, e hana ka lima.
Go to Top of Page

Ginny
Aloha

43 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2007 :  8:53:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hawaii Kai....Aloha NYC slackers, everybody sleeping?
Hello to everyone
Go to Top of Page

Bill Campbell
Akahai

USA
90 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  5:37:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aloha, Admin. Long time no see. Thanks for asking,

WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA

(Remember, 'Virginia Is For Lovers')
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic