Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Is Posting In "Broken English" a turn off?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 73

braddah jay
Lokahi

235 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  5:48:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh wea da hawaiian wimpy? you forgot gladly.I rememba wen I was da janitah at like like elementary,da same school my wife teaches at,also da same school all tree of my kids went to.Anyway funny how da kids look up to you,"hello mr barino","mr barino can you tell him fo leave us girls alone"etc.There was one boy who I felt just needed da right kind of guidance,he lost his mother while she was dilivering his baby sistah,his fadah wen remarry,and his two oldah braddahs always stay pickin on him,usually wit one slap to da head.He just nevah had someone to look up to,anyway he always use to get into fights at school,except wit my son aleka.Das probably cause aleka treats everyone wit respect,I won't have it any other way.So one day I mention to dis boy dat aleka studies judo,and dat since joining judo his work ethics change foa da bettah.I was willing to pay foa eryting,if he was willing to try his best.Well I ended up gettin scoldings from my son aleka,he said "dad how come you wen tell uriah I stay in judo" I told him how it might help him da way it help you,why? to which he replied "sensei john said dat we're not supposed to brag" I told him it's not braggin if you're trying to help someone like his friend,just da look on my son face seein how helping someone is a good ting.At dat age dey still innocent,well some.Janitahs can have an impact,wit alot of single parents,and some just too busy or selfish,da janitahs da man in school.Dat boy is now big and still kolohe,and even tho he nevah did join judo,wen he sees me it's still "hi mr barino" Aloha braddah jay

Edited by - braddah jay on 07/02/2008 7:25:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  6:54:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Chris. Bla don't tink he junk. He just not da same kind guuitar playah as his daddy or braddahs. Part coomes from being left handed, makes for a unique sound to begin with when playing upside down kine. But Bla is very individual. He loves the old Hawaiian music, but he likes to play a great variety of other stuff as well. He loves do-wop especially. And he can sing falsetto, he can sing like the Gabby growly voice. He can sing rock & roll, country, whatevah. Some people get disappointed because he is not a Gabby clone. If they want to lissen Gabby, buy Gabby music. If want to lissen Bla, k den. And Bla no mo drink. He very healthy and looks so good. He steh 66 years old dis year. No wrinkles. No bags undah his eyes.

And he ste workin on one new CD, all exciting stuff he planning for it. And he going be at da Gabby Fest Waimanalo in August.

And dat janitor job, at leas he can be retired from it and now make dakine music he like without worrying about kowtowing to da luna fo have to earn money feed da wife and kitties.

and he got one beautiful heart. Full of aloha.

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  7:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not so good with numbers, but kinda decent with grammar.
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

24-35 approx. 180 membahs.........10 or less posts

Can we make that "10 or fewer posts"?
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  04:31:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Retro

Great. We lose the Pidgin and gain Legalese. Not an improvement to the thread.

My lub po pi'gin mo beeg den da mango tree. Asz wy pidgin good: show da retro dat godda do fo retard to make clear da excepcion. Dat way, no can get mistake! Waz pidgin wen go modify us from wala au to divorce pepa, land ownership, etc. I tell you guz: I honored fo make concecion from makule kine pidgin to today's mo'den Pidgin dat you guyz stay expose to da universe fo electro wave my brain to da mo 'smut' level. How mo poetic a medium fo exprescion!
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  05:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Menpachi-san!!! You mo goodah fee'sha'man den you tink, Brah! Look da string of "Suckas" you wen catch! Da 98 degree kine, da lawyah kine, da huhu kine.... You get goood hauna-bait! If wuz limu, den yu get Anae; hauna-bait can catch the bottom-feedas!

Which reminds me of won "Janitah" job I had! I had good fun Janitah at Kamehameha School. Part-time job, back UH days I wuz up dea pic'ing rubbish on Sunday. Wit da ga'bge truck! Go round collect from da cans, ly dat. So... Dis one time I pull out of da garage with da truck. I nevah know had ku-ka-pyla opala insy, awready. So I go up da hill in 2nd ge'a. But, stay get hard time mo-up da hill. Fortunately, or unfortunately, the axis of the truck wuz inline with the road, perfectly. Plus, I stop fo da keeds in da crosswalk; you know, goin Sunday school class. So, I down sheef to 1st ghia. At that time had keeds in the crosswalk in front da truck; afta dey walk I go forward. Man I wen weewee, kaka, hearted my pants coz I wen wheelie da garbage truck till the back part, wea you put da opala insy, wen touch da pavement. Huli liddle bit rubbish on da road. Auwe! Da teacha wit da keeds AND da keeds wen go panic. Hea I stay wit da truck okole on da ground and the front up in da ae'a pointin to Aiea. Den, KA-0BOOM da Bruggah wen go come down and puka da pavement (oh'ni liddle bit lua but high-makamaka's nevah like wat wen happen; teecha wen go tell). Course, nex day I wen get fired from garbage truck driving. I was stil on da job, doe. Had my dishrag, broom, mop, toilet brush, and nws'pepa fo wipe window.....
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  06:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by guavasunrise

Like your doctah dissertation altah ego can go sign off using Einsteinpachi, da lolo altah ego can use Lolopachi, da one case beeyah altah ego Pilutpachi, la dat. Adono how many oddah altah ego pachi's you might get going on behind da scenes brah
We just call him MultiPachi.
quote:

quote:

Aisos. Now we get Grammar Police getting in da ack.

Well --- this is the "Broken English" thread, yeah? Watchoo expeck?
quote:
Originally posted by Baritone

da mo 'smut' level
Somehow, that seems appropriate...
Go to Top of Page

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  06:39:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

If someone could translate this request to legalese and then translate that to pidgin it would be the perfect post.

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.
Go to Top of Page

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  07:54:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpatch

quote:

quote:

If someone could translate this request to legalese and then translate that to pidgin it would be the perfect post.

I think it might translate into a simple, slightly-back, twitch of the head. Dunno how to spell that.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Medeiros
`Olu`olu

546 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  07:56:04 AM  Show Profile  Visit Peter Medeiros's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Craig,
Would be kinda hahd fo makem purfec coz get so many dialects yeah. Anden dey gonna be determined by da generation, den get da etnicity; den get da age; den get da geography,; den someguys gotta use dea handz and da odda guyz gotta use dea eyebrows, den someguyz gotta do da head flex. Bradda get all kine and dea all gonna be communicating someting. Mebbe not purfectly, bud dey gonna be communicating.

Fo instance wen you chai go back tru da tred you gonna nodice diz, get reel thin kine, medium kine and reel tick kine pidgin. Get town kine guys like me, Al, Ed, Duke and Jay; get country kine like Momi (Kaneohe Okinawan kind), Doug (Pearl City); get FBI kind (From Big Island -- which is really kind of like won nodda country) like Glenn, Baritone, and Chris; get FM kine (From Maui) like Poi Dog.

Bud if diz iz becoz you iz wonderin wot "Aisos" is, it means "Jesus". Am I making myself clea oa wot coz I don't no? Oa mebbe would you like me fo tryan explain again sometimes hahd to get da brain cells werkin in da morning. I can try latah today wen I get mo time now no mo time gotto go meat won student so he can chai pick my brain about slack key and life in general. Den again iznit da journey an not da destination oa someting lidat. Latahs.
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  10:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memba, Meddie [Ho, Man, long time was wen I call da Lusitania guyz "Manny" and "Meddie" coz dey da gen'u'wine, Madeira (like "Medeiros") Port'choe vino's], how stay wuz, den time? Had Lusitania pidgin, Pauoa pidgin, Haleiwa pidgin, Laie pidgin, Chinatown - Alala Park pidgin (sorry, Guava, no had Kuliouou pidgin), St Louis Heights pidgin... I remember used to go Pauahi St barba fo hea the Filipino barba's talk pidgin and play "f" top guitar, ukulele, and mandolin jazz (any kine musice, actually) AND talk dea kine pidgin!! Try talk music-pidgin. NOW, get da kine kanaka maoli o Wakinikona!?! Taropatch pidgin, even. Main ting: you get da picture or pic'cha or mea .... Hana budda daze!!
Go to Top of Page

Menpachi Man
Lokahi

274 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  12:36:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I beddah ste label all my pos from now.

---- Metaphoric-pachi ----
Baritone: Yea, fishaman goddah use anehkine bate no?, fo cach feesh. Can cach kala an pualu too. Befoe time had beeg kine anae. Kapoho sai, I useta speeya em too. Wailoa had plenneh guyz on da small kine boat ste chrai fo anae.

Yea, hauna bait good. Bud wen da bait an palu ste way too hauna, den da shahks come aroun an den da feesh run away. Den eef u ste dreenk too much beeya, u go teenk, "eh, moah beddah go speeya feesh". So u go insai, den wot u see? Plenneh shahks, beeg kine too. Can ged hurt espeshulleh eef da hauna steel ste on da bodeh. Nomo feesh. Den humbug fo come ouda watah. Jalike Al said, no do teengs u going regret. Mahalos fo not bak-hanning me from Hilo to Kona an back again!
----End Metaphor-Pachi.

Begin Metaphoric-Lolo-Unserious-Pachi ----

Guava Sunset. Yea u herd rite! Sunset, coz yo sun going set. Wot is dis Mahupachi nonsense?? U ste ack toff brah, but plenneh guyz ste tell dat u make plenneh okole-hau.

End LoloPachi
Go to Top of Page

Menpachi Man
Lokahi

274 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  1:37:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Rumahs brah, all rumahs! Not okolehau. Pineappo swipe! Da kine dey been teach me fo make insai...uhh...hehehe...neyamine...

Begin Einsteinpachi:
Your admission of said "pineappo swipe" indicates knowledge of a technologically advanced formulation which makes it an indubitable fact that your finesse and proficiency of so called "okolehau" is indeed not "rumahs".
End Einstein
Go to Top of Page

ypochris
Lokahi

USA
398 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  3:00:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Soun li' guava mebbe nevah wen sail dem seben seas, an mebbe nebah wen go H.C.C- bu' perhaps he wen somewhere in between, Li mebbe "H"e wen sail da tree "C"'s? Not dat I goine fo admit I no noting bout swipes. Cept I "hea" uala work good too...

Wen I stay talk wi all da ol timahs in Waipi'o, seems befoa times ebery body wen stay make okolehau. Get plenny ti in da mountain- onli problem stay only get one way fo get down- da "Z-trail". An guarentee goine get one deputy stay wait at da bottom. Now dey wen use Kona nightinggale fo carry da bottles, cause horse not so good nightime. Da nightinggale she carry foah five gallon bottle. Now hea is da rub- da deputy, he like one. An da sherif, he goine need one too. Den da "mayor"- he goine want one. So onli get fo keep one bottle for oneself, an still get da Revenuers fo worry bout- no can jus give um one bottle, sides, no moa left if goine try. So still got to hide um.

Now my pilipino fren Takio/Pakayo whatevahs (he ol buggah, no moa teeth, har fo undastan anyways plus get some tick kine pidgin) he get one solushun. He dig one makun lua nighttime, all da lepo go in auwai an disappear. Ri dere in da maia patch behin his hale in da swamp. He stay on da high groun, so I guess no moa too much wai in da lua. Anyways, he covah da buggah wi da maia leaf, an onli run still dawn an dusk, burn onli maia leaf, so no moa smoke. He stay too ol fo go up in da mountain, sides, nebbah li share wi da law. Dat way he wen make plenny money prohibition time, nebbah have fo worry bout money aftah dat. I no cause bout 1980 or so he wen get bad gout, no could farm- I stay worried bout him, wen try fo give him some kala, help out. He no like, an mebbe I wen push a bit, so he wen pull out one cigah box, stay choke big bills. Kala no goine help him, he say, so i wen pull da weed in his garden nstead.

Long time latahs we wen get one tidal wave warning- he nevah like leave bu da police wen force him fo go in da helicopter. He nebbah wen fly befoa- I donno if he eben wen drive, wen he stay go to da stoa fo da wiskey an rice he always wen ride one horse. Anyways I waz dere wen dey wen drop him off at da lookout- white as a sheet- he onli wen grab one ting when he wen lef da hale- dat cigah box; he stay holding um like dat was his life...

Chris

Edited by - ypochris on 07/03/2008 3:04:30 PM
Go to Top of Page

Baritone
Lokahi

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by guavasunrise

[quote]Originally posted by Menpachi Man
Guava Sunset. Rumahs brah, all rumahs! Not okolehau. Pineappo swipe!

Minahs, Pachi! Handl da jokes coz match da pidgin-pic'cha story.

Unco Braddah Ed! You da mos'test! Da Pine'appo swipe. I wen try make em in the dorm. Durango Colorado, Ft Lewis College, stay wuz. Put da kalamea in the closet, on top da shelf. Four weeks bubbye, da kalamea stay half inch off da shelf, stuck on the wall. Jes like da menehune wen go come make spooky! I nevah make da-kine my pants BUT since I haole (stay spell korec?) to da area, I no say nuthin no-hau.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  4:16:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Miss a couple of days and almost die of eyestrain!
Eh, Mempach! You right, ki ho'alu is pidgin guitar. Adapting to surroundings. Az how new tunings 'come invented.
I, too, have a janitorial background and can swizzle a biffy with the best of them. Now I'm a Norwegian bachelor window washer. Go with dirt-- the world is made out of it and it will be back soon- job security.
Work is what you got to do, fun is what you get to do. Jus' press (Those in power say sometimes, "Jus' oppress.")

Edited by - thumbstruck on 07/03/2008 9:20:21 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 73 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000