Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 IslandVortex.com Slack Key Lessons
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  11:42:20 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by noeau

I checked out the site. Man you got something good happening on that site. Could you post what the notes are on a string by string basis for that A tuning my friend? I would greatly appreciate it.

Aloha Noeau!

A tuning:

1st string E to C#
2nd string B to A
3rd string G to E
4th string D to C#
5th string A
6th string E

This is my family tune. We have this tuning available at http://www.islandVortex.com and click on 'live broadcast' the menu will show 'grandmaster Maki San' and 'Slack Key by Don Kaulia'. Since we launched this last week we've had over 1,500 hits. My live show last week Friday had over 300 hits as I showcased my '1 hand Slack Key hula', A, Am and Kaulia C tunes.

On July 25, 2009 the studio will be in full operation with live media news and programs including my slack key lessons. There will be a fee for 1/2 hour online lessons 'live' at the studio. I will be offering 'skype/chat' 1 on 1 style lessons for those whom are really serious about learning slack key from me. All of my tunes have been originally copyrighted in 1985 and revised in 1996 under Donald Batino Kaulia.

This is just the lessons I have to offer. We are in the studio working on my new cd project called: 'Brother Donald, Hawaiian Slack Key Tunes'. The project will include my grandfather's signature tuning of 'E Lili'u E' in old 'kihoalu' style, to a cover of 'Beamer' slack key stylings, to Uncle Fred Punahoa's 'Slack Key' and the premier of my tunes in Am, A & Kaulia Slack Key. Other tunes in D, Bb and Pahinui C will be used on popular cover songs of Hawaii. I will limit a couple original tunes on the 'auna' side of a remake of 'Sweet Wahine' and a slack rock version of 'the RainSong'.

The overall color of this project will focus on the variety of slack key tunes all in one package. Not only will the cd be listener friendly, guitar players will be able to jam along with the keys and tunes linked to each song list online information inside the CD cover.

Thanks for your interest! If you like this internet program, please send your comments to Seti @ islandVortex.com

Mahalo, Let's keep this art of Slack Key Alive!

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page

wcerto
Ahonui

USA
5052 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  11:45:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is some video of Braddah Don giving a lesson. Too bad get da traffic noise. Thanks for sharing your mana`o, Don.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnfbdyl5jwA

Me ke aloha
Malama pono,
Wanda
Go to Top of Page

noeau
Ha`aha`a

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  10:00:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for the tuning. The intervals are familiar and I was able to play ʻLivin On Easy" right off.

No'eau, eia au he mea pa'ani wale nō.
Go to Top of Page

donkaulia
Lokahi

249 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2009 :  05:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit donkaulia's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Online classes postponed until more funding is received. Please direct your inquiries to Seti @ IslandVortex.com if you would like the slack key program to continue and if you have any ideas or contributions for continuity. Mahalo, Donald Kaulia

donkaulia
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000