Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 `Uke Talk
 Seeking uke instruction in Napa area
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Retro
Ahonui

USA
2368 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  08:40:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Retro's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Got a 67-year-old acquaintance living in the Napa area, formerly a Hawai`i resident, was just given an `ukulele for her birthday. She wants to learn, I want to encourage her. Any teacher recommendations from the 'patch?

Edited by - Retro on 12/09/2009 08:41:26 AM

Earl
`Olu`olu

USA
507 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  11:36:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Earl's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sorry, but I don't know any teachers in that area, so I cannot help there. How much of a self-starter is this person?

There are simple chord charts, first lessons, and other useful information posted under "instruction" on the Boise Ukulele Group website. www.boiseukulelegroup.com

Since there is an active festival in Napa, it seems like there is a core group of ukulele players around that should be able to provide some input.
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  5:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There's at least one wonderful 'ukulele instructor in Napa. He is Sean Allen and he teaches at the Napa School of Music. Also, the Wine Country 'Ukulele Festival (Sept. 11 & 12, 2010) will have lots of amazing insructors on hand for the weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Elaine
Akahai

USA
98 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2010 :  05:57:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Elaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Forgot to mention that your friend is also welcome to join the Napa Valley Flea Jumpers: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com

We meet once a month (now that we have a regular meeting place), on the last Sunday of the month at The Hay Barn, 1821 Monticello Road, in Napa, at 5pm. Everyone (all levels) are welcome, especially if they bring good pupus and wine!

If he's interested he should subscribe to the web log: http://fleajumpers.wordpress.com/subscribe/ Besides information about our "meetings" there's lots of other great information there, including other SF Bay area 'ukulele happenings, songs, instructional videos, and a great list of places to find free 'ukulele music.

Elaine
www.kani-ka-pila.com
www.winecountryukefest.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000