Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 RIP Auntie Wanda
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2017 :  10:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For those who may not have seen Paul Certo's post on Facebook

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Certo to the Auntie Wanda's Mele Monday group on FB:

Sunday, November 19. Auntie Wanda Certo passed away quietly this evening, about 5:40 pm. No arrangements have been made yet.

She'd been on life support for a few weeks after a severe cardiac arrest. She never regained consciousness after that first attack, and Paul and their family made the decision to move her to a hospice a few days ago, as she was not regaining brain function.

I thought because Wanda used to be a regular here that I'd pass on the sad news.

My sincere condolences to the Certo ohana.

Godspeed, Auntie Wanda.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  12:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mahalo for sharing this Geoff.

Wanda was the reason I joined taropatch.net & was the very first of my many lifelong friends made here on "The 'Patch" I loved her passion for all thing Hawaiian with an emphasis on the mele & hula. She was a tireless promoter of Hawaiian musicians. That's why so many of the well known Hawaiian musicians loved & respected her.

She had an awesome heart and me & my inner circle of friends in Hawaii adopted her into our families. She used to say "Before I met you guys I used to visit Hawaii & friends. Now I come here to visit family" Needless to say the feeling was mutual. As with a bunch of my circle of friends, her love for us extended to our families. She was close to my 3 daughters & my 7 grandkids, who loved her too. It's a sad day for me & my ohana. I will miss her dearly but she will live in my heart for as long as I live. I know of many in Hawaii that feel the same. Aloha o'e my sweet friend, Wanda. Rest in love.
Go to Top of Page

Eynowd
Lokahi

Australia
181 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  01:27:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Mahalo for sharing this Geoff.

Wanda was the reason I joined taropatch.net & was the very first of my many lifelong friends made here on "The 'Patch" I loved her passion for all thing Hawaiian with an emphasis on the mele & hula. She was a tireless promoter of Hawaiian musicians. That's why so many of the well known Hawaiian musicians loved & respected her.

She had an awesome heart and me & my inner circle of friends in Hawaii adopted her into our families. She used to say "Before I met you guys I used to visit Hawaii & friends. Now I come here to visit family" Needless to say the feeling was mutual. As with a bunch of my circle of friends, her love for us extended to our families. She was close to my 3 daughters & my 7 grandkids, who loved her too. It's a sad day for me & my ohana. I will miss her dearly but she will live in my heart for as long as I live. I know of many in Hawaii that feel the same. Aloha o'e my sweet friend, Wanda. Rest in love.

My sincere condolences, brother. I know how much she meant to you.

Geoff - g'day from Canberra, Australia.
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  05:06:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I never met Aunty Wanda (or Uncle Paul) in person, but talked with them on the phone a few times. Good times in da 'patch, funny and heartfelt comments. All who know her will miss her.
Go to Top of Page

markwitz
`Olu`olu

USA
841 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  05:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wanda was tireless in her devotion to Hawaiian music. She has touched the lives of many people around the world. She will be missed.

"The music of the Hawaiians, the most fascinating in the world, is still in my ears and
haunts me sleeping and waking."
Mark Twain
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  07:44:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'd been following updates on Facebook and was so sorry to hear the news.

Auntie Wanda was a force. Her genuine enthusiasm for Hawaiian music and hula was unmatched.

She out posted me here in short order. She compiled this amazing resource: "He Mele Aloha" book songs on You Tube. I enjoyed her Mele Monday round ups of youtube videos.

Much aloha to Paul and family. Rest in aloha, Auntie Wanda. You will be remembered and missed.

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2017 :  8:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Paul called up on Sunday. We discussed having some of her ashes scattered here on Oahu.

When that happens we should have kanikapila.

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2017 :  11:24:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Automatic, Kawika

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

slipry1
Ha`aha`a

USA
1511 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2017 :  10:08:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I first encountered Auntie here on the Patch. We became friends, and I received many holiday cards she made. We met at a Hawaiian concert at Wolftrap, where she and Paul organized a tailgate picnic before the concert, which featured a trad halau from the Big Island, the Brothers Cazimero and Led Kaapana. We met later in Oahu at the Gabbyfest in Waimanalo. She was a force of nature, to be sure. I learned a lot of meles via her Auntie Wanda's Monday posts here on the Patch. I certainly will miss her. Special condolences to Paul, who must be devastated by her passing.

keaka
Go to Top of Page

sirduke58
`Olu`olu

USA
993 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2017 :  09:21:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Memorial kanikapila in honor of Auntie Wanda today at my daughter's house.

Braddah Jay-Jason Barino
Ho'okani-Derek Ho'okani Higa
SM80808-Shawn Machida
Olu143-Samson Ah Mook Sang
Kawika96797-David Soon
Sirduke58-Yours truly

Yeah, I guess you could say it's a "taropacth.net" themed or inspired kanikapila for a dear friend. Mahalo Andy Wang for this site. I met 4 of the guys from the list above because of your site. Met Paul & Wanda here too. I'll make sure the gang also plays a few for "The 'Patch" too. Dammit I forgot to invite Peter Medeiros & Ozzie. E kala mai, bruddahs

Hoof Hearted?...Was it you Stu Pedaso?
Go to Top of Page

thumbstruck
Ahonui

USA
2153 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2017 :  7:20:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Eh, Duke! Aunty Wanda is worth a couple moa kanikapila......jus' saying. Hard foa imagine no moa dakine comments from her. Life stay too short.
Go to Top of Page

Kawika96797
Akahai

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2017 :  07:54:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kawika96797's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sirduke58

Memorial kanikapila in honor of Auntie Wanda today at my daughter's house.

Braddah Jay-Jason Barino
Ho'okani-Derek Ho'okani Higa
SM80808-Shawn Machida
Olu143-Samson Ah Mook Sang
Kawika96797-David Soon
Sirduke58-Yours truly

Yeah, I guess you could say it's a "taropacth.net" themed or inspired kanikapila for a dear friend. Mahalo Andy Wang for this site. I met 4 of the guys from the list above because of your site. Met Paul & Wanda here too. I'll make sure the gang also plays a few for "The 'Patch" too. Dammit I forgot to invite Peter Medeiros & Ozzie. E kala mai, bruddahs

=============
A song for Auntie from the kanikapila last Saturday...

https://youtu.be/s-1TtwLYsPE

"I have no recollection of that"
Go to Top of Page

kihoaluatl
Akahai

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2017 :  7:40:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So sad to hear of the passing of Auntie Wanda. I did not have the pleasure of meeting her but feel like I have known her from her posts here on TP. I just returned from an extended trip and did not see the earlier postings. My sympathy to the Certo family, seeing how much she cared for the TP family, I can only imagine that she was like the sun of the Certo family, radiating such warmth and love.
Aloha Auntie Wanda, your presence will live on within our memories.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000