Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 August giveaway: win Leonard Kwan's red book
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lowell
Aloha

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2003 :  01:38:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit Lowell's Homepage
Aloha All. This is Lowell from Ventura. I was very blessed this summer to attend Uncle George's workshop in Maui with my wife Puanani and daughter Nani. I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life to spend a week with the best of the best, and I mean the instructors and the participants. I have never felt so welcome anywhere. All three of us are planning on going back next year. Puanani, who is Hawaiian, has never felt so at home. So for those of you who taught us, and those of you with whom we attended classes and shared dinners with, Mahalo! And besides all of the fun, we have actually come back home, and are very seriously learning new songs on slack-key and incorporating them into our halau music. My deepest aloha to all of you! Lowell
Go to Top of Page

catheglass
Lokahi

USA
312 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  02:39:01 AM  Show Profile
Aloha kakou!

Whew, jus' got back from da Big island in time to post and qualify. . . . . . posting and hoping. . . . . would love to have Leonard Kwan's book. What a great idea, Andy, how generous and what fun. Hope you have all been well and "pressing" this month. <big smiles>

cathe
Go to Top of Page

Mainkaukau
Lokahi

USA
245 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  12:51:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mainkaukau's Homepage
quote:
Originally posted by Lowell

Aloha All. This is Lowell from Ventura. I was very blessed this summer to attend Uncle George's workshop in Maui with my wife Puanani and daughter Nani. I can honestly say it was one of the best experiences of my life to spend a week with the best of the best, and I mean the instructors and the participants. I have never felt so welcome anywhere. All three of us are planning on going back next year. Puanani, who is Hawaiian, has never felt so at home. So for those of you who taught us, and those of you with whom we attended classes and shared dinners with, Mahalo! And besides all of the fun, we have actually come back home, and are very seriously learning new songs on slack-key and incorporating them into our halau music. My deepest aloha to all of you! Lowell

Hey, I remember you. Long after this endless summer is gone (Kui Lee). Hows sit Lowell, I remember you and your lovely family. Thank you for the ride out to the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on day one of the workshop classes. Without your keen directional insight I would probibly have ended up wondering aimlessly in Lahaina town. Take care and alooooha!
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2003 :  9:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
Aloha Lowell,

While Mainkaukau is thanking you, I'll jump in too. Mahalo for the ride to the Ritz Carlton and then a bigger mahalo for lending me your rental car so I could run back to the Mauian. You're a life saver!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  8:05:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message
There were 105 eligible members who posted in August and by random drawing... the winner is...

(drum roll please)

Reid! Congratulations. As it turns out, Reid owns the Leonard Kwan book so we'll award him with a CD and continue with a September drawing for the book. So happy posting in the month of September!

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2003 :  9:16:12 PM  Show Profile
mahalo...(blush...)

...Reid
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page