Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar / Hawaiian Music
 I'm an idiot
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lazyguitarhippie
Aloha

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  12:16:59 AM  Show Profile  Send lazyguitarhippie an AOL message  Send lazyguitarhippie a Yahoo! Message
I was wondering if anyone could send me some info on the tuning of slck key guitar. I want to start experimenting with a wider variety of styles for my music and i have always loved the sound. i will be in your debt if you help me. thanks in advance
adam
lazyguitarhippie @ yahoo.com

"if i had a boat i'd go out on the ocean and if i had a pony i'd ride him on my boat"-lyle lovett

cpatch
Ahonui

USA
2187 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  02:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit cpatch's Homepage  Send cpatch an AOL message
Aloha Adam and welcome to TaroPatch.net! There are dozens and dozens of tunings for slack key guitar. The most common is Taro Patch (hence the name of the site), more commonly known as open G (DGDGBD from low to high). Click on the LEARN button in the blue bar at the top of the page for an extensive list of resources for learning this wonderful style...you won't be sorry! (Ozzie Kotani's book is one of the best places to start.)

P.S. You're not an idiot...idiots are incapable of learning. You're just ignorant (a transitory state that we've all passed through).

Craig
My goal is to be able to play as well as people think I can.

Edited by - cpatch on 09/05/2003 5:03:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

RJS
Ha`aha`a

1635 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2003 :  3:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Even idiots can learn, just a lot more s-l-o-w-l-y
Raymond
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly