Taropatch.net
Taropatch.net
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Search | FAQ | $upport
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

HomeWhat is slack key?Hawai`i News HeadlinesTalk story at our message boardArtists, Clubs and more...
spacer.gif (45 bytes)

All Forums
 General
 Talk Story
 Aloha ʻoe Bill Neubauer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  10:19:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It is with a heavy heart that I relay the message of fellow taropatcher Bill Neubauer's passing on November 23, 2008. I received an email this morning from his wife Erica.

Among other Taropatchers, I had the privilage of meeting Bill and Erica at the first Aloha Music camp held on the Big Island. One of my fond lasting memories of camp was jamming with Bill and Chris Yeaton late one night. Both were so encouraging and supportive. What a blast we had jamming and talking story about songs, performing and slack key stylings.

My aloha, deepest sympathy and condolences go out to Bill's surviving family and friends.

quote:
From http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/671774/page/1#Post671774
The wake will be held on Thursday 12/11 from 7pm -9pm, and Friday 12/12 from 2pm - 4pm and 7pm - 9pm at Fretthold Funeral Home, 1241 Oliver Street, North Tonawanda, 692-2690. Funeral services will be on Saturday 12/13 at 10am at First Bible Baptist Church, 555 Central Avenue, Lancaster (across from the Lancaster High School) 684-5525.

Andy

wdf
Ha`aha`a

USA
1153 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  10:28:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sheila and I both have fond memories of Bill and Erica from the second Aloha Camp. We also send our thoughts and regards to Bill's family and friends.

Long live Heather Houlihan.

Dusty
Go to Top of Page

Lawrence
Ha`aha`a

USA
1597 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  11:06:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

This is an unwelcome surprise. Bill seemed so healthy and young when we met at AMC not so long ago. I am so saddened.

Mahope Kākou...
...El Lorenzo de Ondas Sonoras

Edited by - Lawrence on 12/08/2008 11:06:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

cmdrpiffle
`Olu`olu

USA
553 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  2:08:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I too am saddened. I, like Dusty and Lawrence remember his 'Heather Hula Hands' from AMC2.

Much aloha and light to Erica, his family and many friends.

You'll be missed.

my Poodle is smarter than your honor student
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  2:34:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
from the Buffalo News

William R. Neubauer
NEUBAUER - William R. Age 55, of Lancaster, NY, formerly of North Tonawanda, suddenly, November 23, 2008, beloved husband of Erica (nee Livingstone) Neubauer; stepfather of Nathan; foster father of Kerry Ann; brother of Donald P. (Hilde) Neubauer of Buffalo; uncle of many nieces and nephews. Bill was known for his playing of the Hawaiian Slack Key Guitar. He was an employee of Sodexho Management Services, Williamsville and was a member of the First Bible Baptist Church in Lancaster and was a faithful member of its music ministry. Friends may call at the FRETTHOLD FUNERAL HOME, INC., 1241 Oliver St. at Ward Rd. in North Tonawanda on Thursday from 7-9 PM and Friday 2-4 and 7-9 PM. Funeral Services will be held on Saturday at 10 AM from the First Bible Baptist Church, 555 Central Ave. in Lancaster (across from Lancaster High School). If so desired, memorials may be made to First Bible Baptist Church. Guest register available at frettholdfuneralhome.com

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Reid
Ha`aha`a

Andorra
1526 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  2:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good grief! What a sad surprise! Our best to his family; our memories of him are as he was, when we met him, happy and healthy.

Reid and Sarah
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  8:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my, that was shocking news. I am fortunate that I got to meet Bill and Erica at AMC, and we had some wonderful times together. He was a real kick at kani ka pilas when the real Bill came out of hiding....

This just brings home the fact that we should ALL appreciate our lives and make the best and the most of it. Bill was only 55.

May he sail peacefully upon calm waters.

Julie
Go to Top of Page

Mark
Ha`aha`a

USA
1628 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  08:52:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mark's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My heart goes out to Erica and Bill's family. They -- and us -- have lost a warm and creative friend who's music came straight from his heart.

For those unfamiliar with Bill's music, take a listen to his CD "Sweet and Sacred: a Fragrant Offering." I know I will play it tonight and remember.

http://cdbaby.com/cd/neubauer

Go to Top of Page

Pua Kai
Ha`aha`a

USA
1007 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  09:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh My. Yes a shock. Erica, so sorry you lost the light of your life and here in the holiday time. He made beautiful music and leaves a fine legacy.
Aloha,
nancy
Go to Top of Page

islandboo
Lokahi

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  5:44:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh, how awful. My heart aches for Erica. I keep on my desk, right in front of me, a photo from that first AMC with all of the hale-mates and in it Bill's smiling face reflects the joy that we all were sharing that night. I will indeed listen to his music tonight and remember.
Go to Top of Page

Pulelehua
Akahai

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  09:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So very sorry to hear this news! Bill shared much joy and laughter with people through his music and I'm so glad our paths crossed. During the first AMC, we enjoyed stargazing with Bill and Erica on those dark Puna nights and later hiking the lava flow together. Bill will be in my thoughts whenever I look at the Milky Way.

Pulelehua
Go to Top of Page

JeffC
Lokahi

USA
189 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2008 :  09:47:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit JeffC's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Oh, my goodness... We met Bill and Erica at AMC in 2005. With chasing my kids around, I didn't get much chance to spend time playing in the evenings, but I was taken by how lovely a couple they were. My heart goes out to Erica.

I remember Bill playing Amazing Grace at the ho`ike. A beautiful memory of him.

Jeff

Making Trout Country safe for Slack Key!
Go to Top of Page

Kaiulani
Akahai

77 Posts

Posted - 12/11/2008 :  06:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Kaiulani's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How sad...Kimo & I met Erica & Bill on Moloka'i. They came to one of our Gallery Kauai performances in Rochester, NY. Does anyone know what happened to him? Our mana is with Erica.

Me Ke Aloha...
Ka'iulani (& Kimo)

Me Ke Aloha,
Ka'iulani

www.GalleryKauai.com
Go to Top of Page

Crackseedslackkey
Akahai

USA
78 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  06:23:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Crackseedslackkey's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I just received the news this morning of Bill's passing. Truly one of the nicest most dear people I have had the pleasure of knowing. Both he and his wife were so wonderful to be around. Each year they came to camp it was one more thing to look forward to. Bills music is beautiful and will be with us always like his memories. Me ke aloha Bill . . .

Much love to you and your family Erica

Chris
Go to Top of Page

Admin
Pupule

USA
4551 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  05:54:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Send Admin an AOL message  Send Admin an ICQ Message  Send Admin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
A couple photos from jwn

Keola's Band of Renown - AMC 02

I didn't get all the names, but the 5 on the right side are (from l-to-r): Donnelly, Big Dog, Chris, Da Man, and Bill.

Annie giving aloha to Bill. Erica sits next to him.

Here is one of mine from 2001

Bill playing a tune for us at AMC

Andy
Go to Top of Page

Julie H
Ha`aha`a

USA
1206 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2008 :  10:36:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the group shot, on the left is Mark L, and I'll be darned if I can remember that wonderful man second from left. The name will come to me around 4:00 AM this morning...

Ah, it's tough growing old!

Julie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Taropatch.net © 2002 - 2014 Taropatch.net Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000